So Firstly I need to send a big thank you to Mimi of Glitz & Glitter for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award. To say I was feeling disheartened about my lack of views lately would be an understatement so this has cheered me up to no end!
Also, this is my 50th post, so woo! I genuinely cannot believe I made it this far! What better of a post than this to celebrate?
For those of you (like me) who have no clue what this is about (until I was nominated of course) its an award created by Okoto Enigma that is basically en extra way to just be nice and sprinkle some positivity on this scary place called the internet!
photo belongs to Okoto Enigma
Here are the rules:
1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. List these rules
3. Thank whoever nominated you, and obviously link to their blog
4. Mention the creator of the award, and again, link.
5. Tell your readers 3 facts about yourself
6. You have to nominate between 10 and 20 people
7. Notify those nominees with a comment on their blog
8. Ask your nominees 5 questions, one definitely has to be weird or funny though.
9. Share a link to your best post!
Okay, so those 3 facts about me…
1. I love painting, I just find it so relaxing and almost therapeutic. This also means that if I’m painting I’m probably a stressed mess, so approach with caution.
2. I sing. Literally anything. I spent 10 years of my life in my Counties choir, and even toured with them to Krakow in Poland. I miss being a part of such a large singing community, but when our conductor, Jean Stanley-Jones MBE (google her, she’s a legend), left, it just wasn’t the same and then sadly work took over and I moved to Uni. I would give almost anything to go back!
3. I’m half American, and actually have dual UK and USA citizenship! My Dad was from Texas, and my Mam is a Mackem. I was born in the UK, as was my little brother, but I’m still entitled to dual-nationality thanks to my dad. I’m actually pretty proud of that.
Next up… Mimi’s five Questions for me!
What is your favourite thing about blogging?
I love blogging because of its freedom. It’s my own space on the internet to do with what I like. I love the way I can express myself and talk freely about anything I choose, and I can share that with literally anyone. I also love how many people I have met in this community and how lovely they are.
Are you a fan of blogger chats on social media? Why/Why not?
I am a fan, I love reading peoples answers. I’ve never actually taken part, and honestly I think it’s because I keep missing them, or I don’t always have the knowledge to join in. I just love reading other peoples answers, I feel like its a great way to see what people are about in short bursts, their passions and interests etc. It’s people watching, but on the internet.
What is your favourite Food?
My dad’s lasagna. Its so unique, I can’t even describe it. I’ve not had it in years, and I’ll probably never have it again, but oh my god, I could eat that thing until moving was no longer an option.
What is the last movie you saw at the cinema?
The last film I saw was Jumanji! I highly recommend.
If you could have one thing on your shopping wishlist right now, what would it be?
This is so hard! I literally have no idea? Do holidays count as shopping wishlists? I mean you do technically buy them? If they count, I’ll say a trip to Orlando because I miss the parks, and the whole experience is just insane.
If it doesn’t I’ll say an Apple Watch because well… because I love Apple products, and yeah, I’m a sucker for that stuff. I just think I’d really benefit from it.
I cheated a little, and tagged you on twitter! Please don’t bite!
Beauty by the Bunny
Petals of Perfection
What Lyd Did
The Rambles of NuggetStump
Charlie Nailed It
Its Actually Han
Look At My Clothes
My Questions for you…
1 If you had a boat…What would you name it?
2 Which fictional character do you think would be the most boring to meet in real life? and of course… why?
3 What is the best, and the worst purchase you have ever made? (does this count at two questions?)
4 What problem or situation in movies/TV did you think would be common, but when you grew up you found out it wasn’t?
5 What is the dumbest way that you have been injured?
Finally, a link to my ‘best post’. I’m not sure it’s my best but I’m definitely most proud of its subject! You can find that here.
So there you go! That is it from me! I cannot wait to read the answers to these questions. There is no obligation to do this though, so if you don’t want to it is totally okay!
Thank you again to Mimi for my nomination!
I’ll see you all on Wednesday!