I need to start this with a big big Happy Birthday to my incredible Mum. She is honestly my rock, and deserves to be spoiled. I love you Mum so much. Thank you for all of your love and support.
Hi Guys! This week my post is inspired by my beautiful mum’s birthday, and so I decided I thought I’d give you some ideas on gifts for your mum, when she deserves the world, but all you can afford is a scented candle.
I will include links where I cancan throughout this post, with any product suggestions or links to stores I think you’ll find useful!
£10 or Less
– Scented Candle: I honestly love scented candles, and whilst Yankee Candle seem to be charging more and more, stores like Asda, Tesco and especially Ikea, give you candles that are so nice, and cost so little! Ikea’s candle range is so cheap that you could actually make a small hamper full of different types for a cute but inexpensive gift!
– Boomf!: Hear me out here… I think this is really cool. I know that marshmallows aren’t to everyone’s taste, but this is a lovely idea if your mum is a fan! You can pick your favourite photo’s and put them on the marshmallows, and you can even include custom messages. You can also include personalised wrapping paper for a little bit extra!
BONUS!!: Shipping is free!!
– Custom Photo Collage: I love making photo collages! This can be as cheap or as expensive as you like and it requires a little bit of effort, but most mums love a good set of family photos. Pick out your favourites, and pay close attention to her personal favourites. Then you pick a frame, again, as big or as little as you like, and in any style you like! I personally love The Range or Wilko for really pretty but inexpensive frames!
If you have a printer,you can save a fortune by buying photo paper, (they sell this in Asda pretty cheap) or, you can use websites like photobox to print photos in bulk for a pretty cheap price!
(Tip: search for voucher codes before hand to save a fortune!)
Then, all you have to do is arrange the photos in anyway you like!
(I made this for my 2nd Anniversary with my lovely boyfriend Matt)
£25 or Less
– Personalised Pamper Kit: My mum loves to relax with a bath, so why not get her a personalised pamper kit? Buy her one or two of her favourite bath bombs or salts. I love Lush for these but if you want a cheaper option look at your local market or at small online stores, you always find the best things where you’d least expect them! Then you can include facemasks suited to her skin type. You could include a nice moisturiser or body butter, the body shop is always my favourite here, and my mum’s personal favourite: a foot mask! you could then present this in a little basket, or a pretty wash bag…Primark has some gorgeous ones. You could also include her favourite chocolates for that added touch.
You can make this as cheap or expensive as you like, but remember to set yourself a budget so that you don’t overspend!
– Gift Voucher: Sometimes mums are difficult to buy for and sometimes a gift voucher is the perfect option but can seem a little bit dull or boring. Id suggest pairing it with a pretty purse, Primark have lovely ones for next to nothing! You could also give a small bouquet of her favourite flowers, to add a little extra to the gift!
£50 or Less
-Spa Day: My local spa actually offers a two for £20 option, but I realise this is more than a bargain! BUT there are many spa options, many local hotels offer a package and you’re more than likely to find something that will suit you, and if like me your mum is your best friends, you can join her and treat yourself too.
– Meal Out: I realise that £50 seems a little bit of a low budget for this, but I will always recommend searching for a deal before you go out. Students, put your Student Discount to use, I promise it’s worth it! Make your mum feel special like the hero she is!
£100 or Less
– Experience Day: Whilst I’m not sure that my mum would enjoy a day of race car driving, or a skydive, but there really is something for everyone! There are theatre or comedy nights, pamper sessions. They don’t all cost £100, but some do! Red Letter Days, and Virgin have a huge variety and again, check for voucher codes, and other discounts you may have… It will always be worth it!
I hope you find this useful, and that it gives you some gift buying inspiration! Let me know if you’d like to see more of these!
That’s all from me, See you next week!